Personalized closet renovations are popular. Style and organization come together to create a functional space. Closets were formerly known as the messy disaster behind closed doors. Closets are gaining back their organization title with the help of storage organizers and custom renovations.
Whether it’s a bedroom, bathroom, pantry or hallway closet, organization is needed to maintain cleanliness. Closets need to be fast and efficient places. The items used most should be easy to reach. The perfect closest is designed with a personality and storage purpose in mind. These characteristics impact what storage organizers to use, how the closet should be divided and how large or small the closet should be. For instance, if the closet is designed for the business woman’s bedroom, it should contain a hanging rod for sheath dresses and blazers, open shelving units for dress pants, skirts and blouses, a shoe hanger and labelled cloth boxes for belts, undergarments, scarves and handbags. Additional drawers would hold weekend clothing and other less reached for items.
If a closet starts off well designed and organized, it can still end up as a messy disaster. The solution is to create a mini room instead of a closet. This means that a closet should have a theme complete with colour and atmosphere. When a closet is acting the part of a stylish room, the user is more inclined to keep it looking like one! Some closets feature small benches with bottom storage or mini side tables. These are wonderful places to store smaller items.
Open closets and alcove closets are decoration with function. Ideas include:
- Rolling racks displaying seasonal clothing or formal wear
- Shelving units displaying accessories (shoes, purses, etc.), chinaware or colourful table cloths
- A dress form displaying jewelry, aprons or a bathrobe
- Fabric boxes holding magazines, books and other small items
- Baskets holding towels, beauty and cleaning products
- Pictures frames as wall art for your necklaces.
- Open closets also allow you to decorate with lamps (that you could also hang things off of), flowers, vases and pillows
Get creative with your closet and design one that provides enhanced storage and personality!