Lighting creates atmosphere and artistic flare to home design. From a window or a fixture, lighting is functional and transformational. 2013 brings forth innovative, yet luxurious trend ideas for lighting. Renovation or design driven, look to lighting to transform a home!
Layered Kitchen Lighting
- One of the most innovative trends is layered kitchen lighting
- Combined styles include: under cabinet LED lights, track lighting and wall sconce, etc.
- Kitchens are multifunctional (entertaining, cooking, office)
- With the use of space changing, so should the lighting
- Allows flexibility in levels and areas of lighting
Brass, Nickel and Chrome
- The second biggest trend of the year: metallic shine
- Opt for contemporary or classic styles for a modern take
- Gone is matte
- Metallic adds unique detail, texture and every day luxury
- Light bounces and glistens off of metallic fixtures or
- Frame windows in metallic accents
- Large, sculptural fixtures create an artistic statement and function.
- Abstract shapes and patterns bring character
- Coloured lighting can evoke a mood or feeling
- Opt for blue lighting for a more creative effect
- Get creative with uniquely shaped windows
- While this trend is not new, it is safe to say it’s become a classic
- From contemporary to transitional designs, there is something for every style and budget
- DIY: It easy to decorate with crystals to existing light fixtures
- Country meets urban
- Relaxed look
- Rustic finishes are combined with modern shapes and fabrics.
- End look is more refined
- Think clean lines with luxurious materials
- A simple shape with metallic and unique glass accents
- Sheer or opaque metallic curtains; play with the amount of lighting you want
Each trend plays a unique role to home design. Contact D3 Design to learn how to incorporate the trends into different spaces.